Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 9444b BIN 950$

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    9444b  BIN 950$


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    9444b BIN 950$

    Sonic Barbarian

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    I made a generous offer of 45 bux. I'd go 70 if it was an "A" version.

    The irony is that the seller will never appreciate how hard we're laughing at his valuation while he thinks he's laughing at a lowball offer.

    The only way a sale is happening there is if fate brings 2 clueless buffoons together.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    9444b  BIN 950$


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post


    The only way a sale is happening there is if fate brings 2 clueless buffoons together.
    Happens every time Bose speakers are sold...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    9444b  BIN 950$


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    he's prbobaly going off the quality of the build. compared to some of that medical equipment.
    Sonic Barbarian

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    I made a generous offer of 45 bux. I'd go 70 if it was an "A" version.
    He's asking outrageous prices, but yours are lowball prices. I've only gotten them that cheap when function was advertised as suspect...... and one of them was/is actually broken.

    .....and I just offered $40 :-P
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    9444b  BIN 950$


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    does $60 sound like a more fair offer?
    i hope he doesn't take it
    Sonic Barbarian

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-G View Post
    does $60 sound like a more fair offer?
    i hope he doesn't take it
    I haven't kept track of B prices, and I haven't kept track of the A prices for awhile. The A could be had for just under $100 at one point, but I think they've gone up since then.

    The B may actually go for more, if the buyer isn't all that familiar. With the 15xx series, the A is the one people shy away from.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ok, here's what he's doing....... he knows he's high. I submitted $40, and he countered with $100. That sounds reasonable, to me, if it was something I needed.

    Did he counter with the same to you guys?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member
    9444b  BIN 950$


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    he sent me a counter offer of 100. and quite honestly i don't want it. anyone here?
    Sonic Barbarian

  9. #9
    HB Super Moderator
    9444b  BIN 950$


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    But if he already knows he is so high why isn't he changing his starting bid ? $950 Is not just high, it is ridiculously high.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9444b BIN 950$

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    But if he already knows he is so high why isn't he changing his starting bid ? $950 Is not just high, it is ridiculously high.
    Because he doesn't know what it's worth. He's listing high, and waiting for offers, and that works for him. All three of us, sent low ball offers. The value is someplace between his asking price and our low ball offers, but he's not sure where, but he does want the maximum he can get. What he may not know, is that If I were seriously looking for that amp, I wouldn't have bothered sending an offer at all. I would have waited for one priced right, assuming that the nut job asking for silly money, would actually hold out for silly money. I guess maybe I shouldn't be afraid of sending offers a lot lower than what's being asked.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.